I know this will be the weirdest first post ever in the history of first posts (and the worst witten), but, I felt I should post this story first. So bear with me please...
Recently, after I came home from school on the 25th, I felt the need to clean my fish, Max's, bowl (it's actually a tall vase, but hey, what else should I use if I don't have a bowl or fish tank). I do a weekly routine of cleaning his fish vase. I carry him into the bathroom, get a cup, scoop him out, and replace the water in the cup with him in it. There, my friends, was the big mistake.
When I was refilling the water in the cup, I accidentally turned on the hot water. I didn't notice at first so I kept on going with cleaning his fish vase. Then, later, I checked on him and he was belly up! This sight scared the daylights out of me! I quickly rushed up and examined the situation. I thought he was gone. I didn't give up. I quickly changed his water to cold, then watched, looking for the slightest sliver of hope. I waited. And waited.
My Mother said to flush him down the toilet after a while. But, I held steadfast to the belief he would live. Eventually, he twitched! I was rejoicing! I had resuscitated him! Over a period of time, he improved. His first attempt to swim was belly up. It was an interesting sight to see. In a few short minutes he was restored.
Today, Max's wounds from the hot water bath were showing up on his face. I think they are burn marks. Hopefully, they aren't signs of internal bleeding. But overall, Max is doing great right now. And that concludes the story of my frightening adventure with my fish Max.
Max is a super fish.
ReplyDeleteHa! Hannah I love your blog! You are such a good writer! I'm glad Max came back from the dead.
ReplyDelete